Which framework do you use?

jQuery? MooTools? Prototype? YUI? Dojo? Something else?

What do you think about it?

We at Monk have been using jQuery pretty heavily (and exclusively) since version 3 of MonkCMS. I’ll just come out and say it: I have a huge crush on jQuery. I’m also excited about jQuery UI and what’s in store for the future of that library.

I also want to link to this JS framework speed test that I found the other day. While jQuery, MooTools, and Dojo are similar in FF3, the IE7 tests are quite interesting. (jQuery is almost twice as fast as #2, MooTools.)

Justin “Jark” Stayton
Monk Development

I hadn’t seen that speed test. It is interesting. jQuery is my fav but I’m an anal I must control every aspect of every line of code type of guy so when I’m not developing sites running the CMS I use my own rolled framework.

It’s not as feature packed as jQuery and I’m thinking about ditching instead for jquery but I just like knowing what every single line of code does. The method chaining and query selector in jquery are hands down the best of all the frameworks and it’s the easiest to get started with in my opinion. The namespacing of YUI alone keep me from even trying it out.

Ben

I love jQuery because of the low barrier of entry. If you can wrap your head around css selectors you can start doing some very cool stuff right away. Very designer friendly.

page 1 of 1

discussions 1 to 3 of 3